Rochelle is a character in the film Planes.
Rochelle is a Canadian racer, and the pride of the Great white East. Always independent and capable, she got her start running mail to small parts of Sidney, picking up home remedies for mechanical maladies along the way. She also developed a knick-knack for fast travel that ultimately inspired her to give air racing a try. Rochelle never looked back (this competitive contender doesn’t need to). She is relentlessly pursued by charmer El Chupacabra, but steadfast Rochelle is much too focused on winning the race to return his affections.
Rochelle is a tough, confident and focused racer.
Rochelle is clothed green, red and white. Her racing number is 22.
- A sponsor on Rochelle's body is Powder Propellers.
- Rochelle's design is a combination of a LearAvia Lear Fan's fuselage, a F-117's V-shaped tail, a Williams V-Jet II's cockpit windows, and a Cessna 402's wing-mounted turboprop engines.
- The Japanese actor of Sakura was Naka Riisa (仲里依紗), while the Chinese / Putonghua actor of Yún Yàn Fēi was 昱头 (Yù Tóu).
- This could also imply why Rochelle doesn't appear in Planes: The Video Game, which it is possibly because it would have been difficult to put Rochelle's changes in the international versions of the game along with her voice actresses.
- In the Korean version and the French version, she is voiced by Hannah Dereszowska.
- In the Brazilian version and the Spanish version, she is voiced by Ivete Sangalo.
- In the Italian version and the Rearendian version, she is voiced by Michelle Ramezuti.